Address of Community center "Prosveta"
To reach full independent life and to be worthy of bearing the name man, first you need is education, firm will and strong mind to find out the right way to go. Only this nation which possesses lower education than its Master can be another’s slave – was said in those distant times by the revolutionary Lyuben Karavelov.
Fully indioendent life, desire and enthisiasm for further development and improvement-with such an enthusiasm started the way of the community center in the far away 1889. In the village arrived a teacher Decho Petrov from the village of Byala Cherkva. We have not his photograph, but his lively spirit passes over the years. It was his suggestion, supported by the public spirited residents from Krushovitsa, to found community center in the sagging " little building" of the school near the church , where he teaches. The new community center is called „Zora". Nikola Hristov Popov is elected chairman and the statute was brought from the home village of schoolmaster Decho .The work began with organizing of dancing parties and performance of plays.
The life of the young people passed with songs, dances and theater. The intent of the new Bulgarian state is to reach European countries forced it to create new progressive laws connected with the science. Many Bulgarians did real educational activity. They buy and donate books for common use.
At the beginning of world events in the beginning of ХХ century, in which Bulgarian is involved too and passed trough three wars for national unification left in the history, the activity of the community center stood still. The struggle is for survival, almost every home has lost relatives at the front.
Several years passed. Bulgaria starts to recover. There is a revival everywhere. People look around and realize that they should go ahead.
In 1924 the community center is resumed by 21 young people und perhaps its new name „Prosveta"(education) is a symbol. The new medical auxiliary born in the renaissance town – Samokov was elected chairman and a secretary was the teacher from Krushovitsa- Minko Minkov. A new statute is made, which conforms with the new requirements, "recommended by the Ministry of the National Education".Representations are made to Managing Committee of Union of Community centers in Bulgaria for its joining.
The lack of a building is not an obstacle. The board of trustees hires premises against payment, where they are hospitably receipted for rehearsals, meetings, dancing-parties, performances. At the foundation of the community center the Commission of the Agricultural Union donated 30 decares land, but it was hard to be cultivated and the rent was low and that is why the solution was the sharecropping system." The Community center possesses a cupboard, 4 tables, 7 benches, 3 lamps, 1 belland an adze". But life here starts with "self-education and cultural improvement." The population is poor and hardly makes both ends meet. The donations are few. The supplement of books and magazines is difficult- the community center has hardly 50, but nevertheless we can read in the report of 1925 : "Incomes: from membership dues, from dancing-parties, from voluntary donations. Expenses: supplying equipment, for subscription for newspapers and magazines". In the next year we can read in the report: „ donated 68 books by the National education and 84 books by the District union of the community centers" and the first bookcase with books is a fact soon. So were laid the beginnings of the library. Lectures and presentations were performed. The theater is a challenge for the talented residents of Krushovitsa. First play was „Ruska" by Ivan Vazov, then follow : „Fathers testament", „When fairy falls in love", „Orderlies" „Female faithfulness", „Boryana".
The weekdays change holidays. The long winter nights gather the young people for party, performance, dancing-party. Even an 'entertainment committee" was elected to choose people who could read papers on variable topics.
The following chairmen changed: Vasil Gyurov, Penko Vatkov, Petko Toshkov.
The time has its own impact after 9th of September, 1944. I quote the historic reference by Dencho Andreev „Fortress of the policy of the Bulgarian Communist Party",, but the time has its own positive aspects. The first radio was purchased (there wasn't television at that time), many young people were involved. Many theater plays were performed- 6 for a season at " difficult conditions in the old hall of the school". It is of interest that 50% of the income from the music of dancing-parties and from the performances made by the teachers are designed for the community center.
On 19.12.1957 a projection apparatus was supplied .The young daughter in law from Krushovitsa Emiliya Angelova was trained as a projectionist and she gave welcome to many cinema fans.
In the spring of 1959 the residents of Krushovitsa decided by their own efforts and by the support of the Co-operative farm to build a large and beautiful building for a community center. The whole village got involved – some people made bricks, others laid the bricks, some carried materials. The work was in full swing and for three years the present building stood as a pretty girl in the center of the village.The chairman of the board of trustees at that time was Yoto Tsvetkov and a chairman of the council was Veliko Kotsev. The stage was painted as a donation by Sava Sabev.
Everything is beautiful. Simeonka Paraskevova who graduated from an institute for cultural and educational staff is beautiful, too. She instructed mixed group, which made performances in the municipality an in the region.
A brass bend consisting of people who are keen on playing, but are of " self- taught" musician with a director – the student of Diko Iliev – Neno Dimitrov from town of Oryahovo, a theater group and a dance ensemble under the guidance of Simeonka Paraskevova, a puppet theater , guided by the teacher Tsvetan Aleksiev function in the village.
From 1986 the brass band and the dance ensemble have new directors – Petko Gushanski and Tsvetana Ileva. The dancers made many successful performances and the brass band received a golden badge in 1987 in the town of Oryahovo. The children from Krushovitsa are attracted by the Bulgarian folk dances and Tsvetana Ileva took the challenge. They are accompanied by folk orchestra with director Nachko Iliev.
The following groups were founded: a female vocal group with director Velichka Dekova, group for political songs with director Maria Vorgova, a theater company with director Mara Velikova – secretary of the community center and a librarian. There was founded a circle of applied art, under the guidance of Nikolina Georgieva, which is a bearer of many certificates and awards. All Christian and public holidays were celebrated.
The traditional festival of the village is with songs, dances and fun and you have very good time and you wish it not to end.
What would be without the amateur artists? The most unforgettable till now are the family Nada and Yordan Benovi, Peshka Savcheva, Petko Brestenski, Emilia Angelova, Netsa Angelova, Vanya Haralampieva, Toni Petrov, Margarita Tsekova, Penka Hircheva, teacher from the primary school "Hristo Botev" and united children's institution "Zdravets" Krushovitsa.
The song "Krushovitsa- dear and nice" by Petko Brestenski became an anthem of our village. More than 10 years the song songs on every holiday and agitates every person born in Krushovitsa.
The difficulties from the transitional period didn't pass the people from Krushovitsa, but as people say „ with a song the difficulties could be easily met" and „song for good and bad times", the life in the village did not stand ill , the community center did not stand still, too. The renewed building of the community center is again the pretty girl, but she has a new dress- PVC joinery, nice curtains, renewed stage, and new equipment for the library and for the small hall.
Our girl is pretty and swaggers and there is a good reason for it.
Happy 110th anniversary!
|< Prev||Next >|